This class is by audition only!
REGISTER TO AUDITION (choose one) | Tuesday, January 12 | Thursday, January 14
3rd Stage is an opportunity for experienced younger actors to realize the hard work that goes into being “up there”. Stories are adapted for a fully produced weekend run. The age range allows elementary aged students to tackle character roles while younger actors create an ensemble experience. Tuition ($250) is due after casting is announced. Students embark on the rehearsal process creating characters and making acting choices guided by the director, Traysie Amick. In addition, they will see young artists (3rd Stage Mentors) take on backstage and production roles, discover techniques and activities that are useful during “down-time” at rehearsal, and build a group of kindred partners with one objective: tell a great story!
Parents also have the opportunity to see how a child handles a heavier schedule. They become familiar with new theatre jargon and get an inside look at the demands and expectations of “tech rehearsals”. Everybody learns!
We ask that students have completed AT LEAST 3 CLASSES of theatre instruction – at least one of these needs to be Exploration or Process Acting from SCCT. Students who are cast will need to attend class consistently—absences and tardies are strongly discouraged as it impacts the whole class! We may even connect students who are absent virtually via Zoom if needed so they don’t miss rehearsal time.
- Mandatory New Parent Meeting(s) | Tuesday, January 5 OR Thursday, January 7 | 5:30-6:30 PM
- For anyone who is not a veteran parent of a 3rd Stage student, choose one of these dates to attend.
- This meeting is a chance to learn more and to determine is 3rd Stage is right for your child.
- Audition paperwork will be provided at this meeting.
- Masks required.
- Auditions | Tuesday, January 12 or Thursday, January 14 | 5:30-6:30 PM (choose one)
- Actors that were assigned to roles last Spring (before COVID cancelled production) have first right of refusal. If you so choose, you may keep the role you were cast in and the auditions will be used to fill in roles that are now available.
- The audition form you fill out will allow you to indicate your child’s preferred class day.
- Performances | Weekend of May 28-29, 2021
- Performers will perform in masks and inside on our MainStage.
- Audience members will also be required to wear a mask and will be assigned to socially distanced seats in the auditorium.