South Carolina Children’s Theatre’s Arts & Education Center for Children
30 years after first opening the doors, South Carolina Children’s Theatre continues to grow right along with the children we serve and it is time to build a permanent home – one that can better support our mission of educating and stimulating the minds and imaginations of young people and their families.
All Under One Roof
In 2010, Josephine Cureton, a dear friend of the theatre, donated a parcel of land adjacent to our current home on Augusta Street. With that gift began an exciting journey to a new home. Our new headquarters will allow us to serve our audiences from one, central location and will allow us to support additional growth in future years.
- 300-seat MainStage theatre
- 100-seat 2nd Stage theatre
- Increased programming capacity
- On-site box office and ticketing
- Handicap-accessible and sensory-friendly performances
- Well-rounded theatrical training
- State-of-the-art technical and lighting equipment
- Administrative offices
You can Help Make it Happen
Through the hard work of campaign leadership and the generosity of philanthropic organizations and passionate individuals, we have raised $13.7 million toward our project budget of $14.45 million. And you can play an important role in this capital campaign by making a gift today! Every person at every giving level is invited to be a part of its success. And to help set the stage for future generations of South Carolina children.
- Name one of our 300 MainStage audience chamber chairs in honor or memory of a loved one for a commitment of $2,500, payable over 5 years. This opportunity is a fantastic way for parents, grandparents and SCCT alumni to leave a tangible and lasting mark on the theatre.
- Become a CHAIRish Champion by purchasing two or more chairs at $2,500 each.
- Donors who make a contribution of $10,000 or more will be featured on our donor wall and naming opportunities are available for gifts of $100,000 or more.
Simply complete this form. Or, you may contact SCCT Development Director Mary Adam at 864.235.2885 or by email at [email protected].