Calling all writers and illustrators! SCCT and Greenville Wordsmiths have teamed up to host a Mo Willems Fan Fiction Contest! Write and illustrate your very own Elephant & Piggie story, based on the lovable characters, created by Mo Willems, and be entered to win a great prize!
Entries are due by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 1. Winners will be notified by Wednesday, May 22.
- Your original story must include the Elephant and Piggie characters and cannot be repurposed from any Mo Willems publication.
- Your story must be created on standard letter-size paper and include a cover.
- Your story should number between 8-25 pages, including all illustrations and text.
- Work on your own or with a friend!
- Submit your entry by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 1 for a chance to win one of three grand prizes!
THREE WINNERS TO BE SELECTED
One winner will be chosen from each of the following age groups, for a total of three:
- Each winning story will be read LIVE from the stage, just prior to showtime at one performance of SCCT’s Elephant & Piggie’s “We Are In A Play!”, running June 15 and 16, 2019 at the Peace Center Gunter Theatre. The winning author/authors will receive 4 total tickets to that performance.
- The winning stories will be professionally bound and presented to each of the winners.
An official judging rubric has been developed by Addriene Burris, Owner/Program Director at Greenville Wordsmiths, especially for this contest. The rubric can be viewed here. Judges include:
- Adrienne Burris – Owner/Program Director, Greenville Wordsmiths
- Traysie Amick – Principle Teaching Artist, SCCT
- Mia Phillips – Teaching Artist, SCCT, Director of Elephant & Piggie’s: We Are In A Play!
- Miller Howard – Marketing Director, SCCT
SUBMIT YOUR STORY NOW
To submit your story, please complete this form and upload a PDF of your story:
OR, you may instead deliver a hard copy of your story to SCCT Headquarters at 1200 Pendleton Street, Greenville, 29611, attention: Miller Howard.
If you need more information, please contact Miller Howard at 864.235.2885, ext. 102 or by email at [email protected]