At SCCT, we believe in the transformative power of theatre and in no age group is that magic more tangible than in preschool! SCCT offers a number of low-pressure, hands-on theatre experiences, perfect for children in these formative years. Whether planning a field trip, or looking for in-school performances, SCCT can come alongside you to provide a wonderful theatre experience for your students. Learn about each of our unique opportunities below, and please contact SCCT School Liaison Lauren Imhoff with questions.
WeePlay Theatre: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star BOOK NOW!
Show Dates: Friday, November 1 at 9:30 or 11:00; Monday, November 4 at 9:30 or 11:00 | $10.50 per person | Run Time: Approx. 40 minutes | Location: SCCT Temporary Headquarters
Little Star is usually the first one in the sky each night. She’s steady, reliable and very bright! But tonight is different. Little Star is nowhere to be found! Star keepers Glimmer and Sparkle have to search to find her and they are in luck! A group of new Star Keeper Recruits (children in the audience) stand ready to help find Little Star! As they search together, the children are ushered through a fun, interactive performance that puts them a position to save the night! Perfect for preschoolers, take a trip to our location to experience this one-of-a-kind interactive production.
Tell-Me-A-Story Theatre BOOK NOW!
Show Dates: Tuesdays at 10:15 (dates and titles listed below) | $1 per person | Run Time: Approx. 30 minutes | Location: SCCT Temporary Headquarters | For public performances, click here
Tell-Me-A-Story (TMAS) Theatre brings familiar, popular stories to life! Join us as our Principal Teaching Artist, Traysie Amick, brings her high energy and child-friendly interpretation of favorite children’s stories to your kids. It’s sure to be a great literacy connection and a sweet treat for your students. A chance for wee ones (pre-K to early elementary) to hear a favorite story read and acted out! The material will likely include audience participation segments or simple audience interaction and will last no longer than 30 minutes – perfect for young, wiggly patrons.
TMAS Dates and Titles:
- Tues, Oct 1 – Be A Friend by Salina Yoon
- Tues, Oct 15 – Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Tues, Nov 12 – Say Something by Peter H Reynolds
- Tues, Nov 26 – Punk Farm by Jarrett J Krosoczka
- Tues, Dec 10 – Shhh! We Have A Plan by Chris Houghton
- Tues, Jan 28 – Knuffle Bunnyby Mo Willems- SOLD OUT
- Tues, Feb 11 – Pete the Cat and His Groovy Buttonsby Eric Litwin, Character & Illustrations by James Dean SOLD OUT
- Tues, Feb 25 – Not Quite Narwhalby Jessie Sima SOLD OUT
- Tues, March 10 – Amazing Graceby Mary Hoffman, Illustrations by Caroline Binch SOLD OUT
- Tues, March 24 – The Astonishing Secret of Awesome Man by Michael Chabon, Illustrations by Jake Parker
- Tues, April 7 – Caps For Sale – Isphyr Slobodkina
School Tour: Elephant & Piggie’s “We Are In A Play!” LEARN MORE
Most enjoyed by ages: K3-2nd grade | Run Time: Approx. 60 minutes
Get ready for a lively musical experience, ripped from the pages of Mo Willems’ beloved, award-winning, best-selling children’s books. Gerald and Piggie are “bestus” friends and have a pretty amazing time together. Whether they are attending a pool party, skipping around or being in a play, along with singing sensations, The Squirrelles, this production will warm the hearts of even the youngest patrons.