Where is Miss Nelson? Can you solve the mystery?
Get ready for an unforgettable summer musical mystery from one of the most produced playwrights in children’s theatre.
Miss Nelson is Missing brings Harry Allard’s story and James Marshall’s famous illustrations to life! Miss Nelson’s students are the worst. She wants to be friendly and help them learn, but they won’t follow her rules. Then, suddenly, Miss Nelson disappears and is replaced by the mean, scary, and strict Viola Swamp.
Follow the ups and downs! Take all the twists and turns! You’re the detective too, as Miss Nelson’s students search far and wide for their favorite teacher!
MISS NELSON IS MISSING! is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized performance materials are supplied by Theatrical Rights Worldwide 1180 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 640, New York, NY 10036. www.theatricalrights.com
Length: 60 minutes
Age Recommendation: Kindergarten & up
- Due to our socially-distanced seating procedures, patrons/parties who wish to be seated together must purchase all tickets under one order.
- In order to safely seat all patrons in a physically distant configuration, ticket sales will close 24 hours prior to each performance show time. Thank you for your understanding.
Join SCCT at our brand new Bell MainStage!
To maintain a safe environment for our patrons, actors and staff, the audience chamber will be seated at 50% capacity and parties will be seated by the box office staff to ensure proper social distancing from other groups. Masks/face coverings will be required for ALL attendees, staff and actors.
In the interest of keeping our staff and patrons safe, we are taking a number of precautions:
- To maintain a safe environment for our patrons, actors and staff, the audience chamber will be seated at 50% capacity.
- Each party will be seated by the box office staff to ensure proper social distancing from other groups.
- Tickets will be generated the morning of your performance, and emailed to you. You may either print them at home, or present them on your mobile device.
- Masks/face coverings will be required for ALL attendees, staff and actors.
- All SCCT patrons, staff, students, volunteers and performers are required to wear a face mask inside our building. SCCT’s definition of a face mask is as follows:
- Have two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric.
- Completely cover your nose and mouth.
- Fit snugly against the sides of your face.
- Face shields are not considered a face mask.
- Patrons without a mask that meet these criteria will be asked to leave the premises.
- If patrons or students are showing signs consistent with COVID-19, they are asked to please stay home and get well.
- At this time, all shows will run without an intermission and no concessions will be offered.
- Surface disinfection will happen before and after every performance. Our theatre is sanitized with an electrostatic sprayer using an EPA-approved, food safe biocide—designed to kill coronavirus on surfaces within minutes.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the lobby and backstage areas.
- Patrons are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing in the lobby, restrooms and theatre.
- Employees and volunteers are temperature checked before being admitted to the building. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or with a temperature of 100.4 or greater is required to remain at home.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and customers with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting South Carolina Children’s Theatre you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We commit to do everything we can to keep our patrons, volunteers, actors and employees as safe as possible while still providing an engaging and entertaining live theatre experience.
Tickets for Miss Nelson is Missing are non-refundable. However, with 48-hours notice prior to curtain, you may exchange your ticket for another performance date/time, if available, or with a refund or charge of the difference in price. In the event that SCCT must cancel in-person productions, we will be happy to transfer in-person tickets to a virtual experience with a refund or charge of the difference in price; gratefully accept a donation of your ticket price; or issue a full refund.