Traysie Amick, SCCT’s Principal Teaching Artist, brings her high energy and child-friendly interpretation of favorite children’s stories to your kids. It’s sure to be a great literacy connection and a sweet treat for your students, right in your own classroom. A chance for wee ones (pre-K to early elementary) to hear a favorite story read and acted out! The material will likely include audience participation segments or simple audience interaction and will last no longer than 30 minutes – perfect for young, wiggly patrons.
- One performance for up to 50 students – $100 for locations within 5 miles of downtown Greenville
- Add a second performance on the same day for $50 more
An additional travel fee of $1 per mile (round trip) will apply for locations further than 5 miles from downtown Greenville.
Title One Schools & Child-Centered Agencies
Contact Lauren Imhoff to apply for SCCT to bring this production to your location at no cost.
We suggest the following titles as particularly good for this format, but we can also do others (especially if you have one you’ve been using in class, please provide us with the book one week ahead of the performance).
- Be a Friend – Janan Cain
- Caps for Sale – Esphyr Slobodkina
- Children Make Terrible Pets – Peter Brown
- Creepy Carrots – Aaron Reynolds
- Elephants Can’t Dance – Mo Willems
- Green Eggs and Ham – Dr. Seuss
- I’d Really Like To Eat A Child – Sylviane Donnio
- Not a Stick – Antoinette Portis
- Pete the Cat & His Four Groovy Buttons – Eric Litwin & James Dean
- Shh! We Have a Plan – Chris Haughton
- Today I Feel Silly – Jamie Lee Curtis
- Two – Kathryn Otoshi
- The Way I Feel – Janan Cain
- Where the Wilds Things Are – Maurice Sendak