This class meets once per week for ten weeks – June 11-August 13
Tuesdays 6:15-7:15pm with Molly Grey Davis
Get a taste of stardom and explore the process of theatre training through high-energy theatre games, improvisation and activities with very limited memorization required. Create characters, explore dramatic interpretation of classic stories, learn lingo and challenge your imagination and expression. Every class will include a variety of dramatic activities and training styles. Since there’s no play to rehearse, every class is fresh and exciting.
These classes are especially good for students
- who have limited acting class experience (rehearsing a final showcase doesn’t allow much time for improving the basics of acting)
- who are most interested in honing acting skills
- who may have many other activities to balance and don’t have time for a lot of at-home memorization
- who become bored with repetition
- whose parents are very busy people with limited at-home time to drill lines for performance or time to create a costume for the final showcase
PROCESS CLASSES CAN EASILY BE TAKEN MORE THAN ONCE as the teacher will adjust individual assignments to challenge each student.
This class requires little at-home parental support (no lines to drill, no costumes to find) and can more easily accommodate busy schedules that might lead to absences. Parents will be invited to observe a portion of one or two classes during the course of the session.
Dates & Times
- 10-Week Session PROCESS ACTING CLASS for 1st-5th
June 11, 2019 - August 13, 2019
6:15 pm - 7:15 pm
Venue: SCCT Temporary Headquarters