Get a taste of stardom and explore the process of theatre training through high-energy theatre games, improvisation and activities with very limited memorization required. Create characters, explore dramatic interpretation of classic stories, learn lingo and challenge your imagination and expression. Every class will include a variety of dramatic activities and training styles. Since there’s no play to rehearse, every class is fresh and exciting.
These classes are especially good for students
- who have limited acting class experience (rehearsing a final showcase doesn’t allow much time for improving the basics of acting)
- who are most interested in honing acting skills
- who may have many after-school activities to balance and don’t have time for a lot of at-home memorization
- who become bored with repetition
- whose parents are very busy people with limited at-home time to drill lines for performance or time to create a costume for the final showcase
Parents will be invited to observe the final portion of the final class.
Please note: progression through acting classes is not like progressing through grade levels of school. Many children simply enjoy the kinesthetic learning and team building aspects of drama class. Your child should be enthusiastic about their participation and should only move to a higher-level class when they have mastered core components and are seeking further challenge. In general we suggest a minimum of two full semesters of Process level classes before moving to Intermediate level classes. Students should be able to: name the parts of the stage, use abbreviations for stage directions, be able to define basic theatrical terms, understand CROoWw, be familiar with Lessac energies and Laban qualities as well as wanting to be given more responsibilities/homework and be willing to repeat material weekly for rehearsal. Your current SCCT teacher is always the best reference for whether your child is ready to move up and you should email to them or talk to them at the final day sharing regarding your child’s progression if you have questions.
Dates & Times
- Process 1st-5th Saturdays (Instructor: Nathan Pittack)
September 14, 2019 - November 16, 2019
10:15 am - 11:15 am
|Mondays at 4pm||$160.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
|Mondays at 6:30pm||$160.00 (USD)||Expired|
|Wednesdays||$160.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
|Thursdays||$160.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
Venue: SCCT Temporary Headquarters