Be bold and create! A good class for those who want to further scene study skills, develop engaging characters, and stretch and explore their imagination and creativity. Improvisation training improves overall performance skills– allowing students to receive all information around them before making choices of their own. Be prepared to laugh and to laugh at yourself too!
Sketch comedy writing is paired with improv training to further develop comedy skills by dissecting what makes things funny and how to effectively communicate this to an audience. Through improvisation games and writing exercises we will get serious about comedy. Students will learn how to develop a story and brainstorm ideas to create original work. They will explore timing and physicality through rehearsing sketches for performance.
The objective is for the actor to become comfortable acting with or without a script. These beneficial skills are paired for beginning, intermediate, new, and returning student actors to:
- Perform the kind of characters and scenarios you’ve always imagined.
- Devise multiple tactics to solve a problem.
- Develop critical listening skills.
- Allow others to inspire new ideas.
- Choose strong objectives that encourage playable action onstage.
- Practice shutting out self-doubt and overthinking.
- Work productively within a group as an ensemble.
- Effectively give and receive feedback.
- Cut loose and play with ideas that come from thinking “on your feet.”
Actors, please come prepared with a notebook, pencil, and a place to put additional handouts each week. Some written homework is required and students will need access to a computer to send in their sketches. Shoes that stay securely on the feet and clothes in which you can move are required to ensure actors are not limited in their exploration of ideas.
A good class for those who want to further their scene study skills, character development skills, and stretch and explore their imagination and creativity. Improvisation training improves performance skills– allowing students to receive all information around them before making choices of their own. Be prepared to l
Instructor: Traysie Amick
Dates & Times
- Improv & Sketch Comedy - Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm
January 16, 2020 - February 20, 2020
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Venue: SCCT Temporary Headquarters