Get a taste of stardom and explore the process of theatre training through high-energy theatre games, improvisation and activities with very limited memorization required. Create characters, explore dramatic interpretation of classic stories, learn lingo and challenge your imagination and expression. Every class will include a variety of dramatic activities and training styles. Since there’s no play to rehearse, every class is fresh and exciting.
These classes are especially good for students
- who have limited acting class experience (rehearsing a final showcase doesn’t allow much time for improving the basics of acting)
- who are most interested in honing acting skills
- who may have many after-school activities to balance and don’t have time for a lot of at-home memorization
- who become bored with repetition
From the Instructor: Students should wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes to every class. Water bottles are also encouraged. As it is a short semester, I want each class to be filled with a wide range of acting techniques, activities, games and so much more. This is a chance for students to really dig into their own theatrical skills and find their voice in every character they become. Students will explore acting as an individual, as well as an ensemble. Through this is a low-pressure setting, students are encouraged to allow their imaginations to shine, without fear!
There is no final sharing planned.
Instructor: Molly Grey Davis
This is an acting skills class. If you are interested in improv, check out…
IMPROV & SKETCH COMEDY for 6th-12th Thursdays from 6:30-7:30pm with Traysie Amick Jan 16-Feb 20
Dates & Times
- Whose Line Is It Anyway? - Tuesdays 6:30-7:30pm
January 14, 2020 - February 18, 2020
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Venue: SCCT Temporary Headquarters