South Carolina Children’s Theatre is committed to providing a safe space for all of our program participants. The health and well-being of our students, patrons and staff remain our top priority.
- All SCCT patrons, staff, students, volunteers and performers are required to wear a face mask inside our building. SCCT’s definition of a face mask is as follows:
- Have two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric.
- Completely cover your nose and mouth.
- Fit snugly against the sides of your face and don’t have gaps.
- Patrons without a mask that meet these criteria will be asked to leave the premises.
- If patrons or students are showing signs consistent with COVID-19, they are asked to please stay home and get well.
- Seating and classroom capacity at SCCT has been reduced to accommodate social distancing requirements recommended by the CDC and the SCDHEC.
- 5 Bipolar Ionization Units have been installed into all of our HVAC air handlers to ensure that anyone in the space has access to the cleanest, safest, and healthiest air possible.
- Classes are held in traditional and non-traditional classrooms, often at a reduced capacity, to allow for adequate social distancing.
- There are no physical tickets for any performance and class. Print-at-Home tickets will be emailed to each patron. Patrons will be able to print or show tickets on their mobile device to be digitally scanned by our ushers upon entry.
- At this time, any shows will run without an intermission and no concessions will be offered.
- Surface disinfection will happen before and after every class as well as performances. Our theatre is sanitized with an electrostatic sprayer using an EPA-approved, food safe biocide—designed to kill coronavirus on surfaces within minutes.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the facility.
- Patrons are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing in the facility.
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or with a temperature of 100.4 or greater is required to remain at home.
Class Guidelines Related to Covid-19:
- Masks are required by all students, teachers and SCCT staff.
- We will be meeting cars for student drop offs the first week of class only. After that, students may be dropped off once the ‘DROP OFF’ sign has been placed at the curb. If there is no sign at the curb, please do not leave your child, as this indicates that we are not yet staffed and ready to accept your child.
- No adults other than staff will be allowed in the building.
- Hand washing will be the first order of business and then we’ll be keeping each class physically separate from the others to minimize contact.
- Pick up will again be at the curb facilitated by SCCT staff. Please look for the ‘PICK UP’ sign.
- Staff will clean and sanitize classrooms between classes to keep our spaces as safe as possible.
- Larger classes will be divided into different rooms with additional teachers to keep overall room numbers down.
In the event of a mandatory lock-down cancelations
- Should SC be put under a mandatory lock-down, in-person classes will shift to a virtual format for however long it is required. We will not cancel/refund those classes. The day of week and time of day your class is scheduled will remain the same, the only change will be that the instructor would be teaching via Zoom.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting South Carolina Children’s Theatre you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We commit to do everything we can to keep our patrons, volunteers, actors and employees as safe as possible while still providing an engaging and entertaining live theatre experience