SCCT is committed to the health and safety of our patrons, casts, crews, students, and staff. As of 2/25/22, the CDC and DHEC have relaxed their guidelines on mask-wearing indoors, and we are updating our policy accordingly.
- Masks are optional, but recommended, especially for those who are unvaccinated and/or immunocompromised.
- However, per the CDC:
- If you are at high risk for severe illness, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines
- Get tested if you have symptoms
- Patrons will be encouraged to make use of the hand sanitizer stations located in the lobby.
- As of April 24, 2022 SCCT’s Spring Semester masks are now OPTIONAL for everyone.
- For Summer Camps masks will be OPTIONAL for everyone – students & teachers alike. We will fully support anyone’s choice to wear a mask. Everyone washes hands upon arrival, and before and after snack breaks. The snack break for campers will take place outside weather permitting. We will continue to monitor the COVID situation in our area and reserve the right to make adjustments to safety protocols accordingly.
Rehearsals and Performances:
- To participate in any SCCT production, proof of vaccination will be required. Cast will be asked to show their vaccination card at the first rehearsal.
- All actors will perform unmasked.
- We reserve the right to require weekly testing beginning with tech rehearsals, given that actors will be in closer contact with one another.
In addition to the mask requirements, five bipolar ionization units have been installed into all of our HVAC air handlers to ensure that everyone in our facility has access to the cleanest, safest, and healthiest air possible. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the facility.
We will continue to monitor the COVID situation in our area and reserve the right to make adjustments to safety protocols accordingly.