SCCT is committed to the health and safety of our patrons, casts, crews, students, and staff. As of 2/25/22, the CDC and DHEC have relaxed their guidelines on mask-wearing indoors, and we are updating our policy accordingly.
- Masks are optional but recommended, especially for those who are unvaccinated or immunocompromised.
- However, per the CDC:
- If you are at high risk for severe illness, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines
- Get tested if you have symptoms
- Patrons will be encouraged to make use of the hand sanitizer stations located in the lobby.
Classes, Workshops, and Camps:
- As of April 24, 2022 masks are now OPTIONAL for students and teaching artists.
- We will fully support anyone’s choice to wear a mask. Everyone washes hands upon arrival and before and after snack breaks. The snack break for campers will take place outside weather permitting. We will continue to monitor the COVID situation in our area and reserve the right to adjust safety protocols accordingly.
Rehearsals and Performances:
- To participate in any SCCT production, for your safety, COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged but not required.
- All actors will perform unmasked.
- We reserve the right to require testing at any point during the rehearsal/performance process, given that actors will be in close contact with one another.
In addition to the mask requirements, five bipolar ionization units have been installed into all of our HVAC air handlers to ensure that everyone in our facility has access to the cleanest, safest, and healthiest air possible. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the facility.
We will continue to monitor the COVID situation in our area and reserve the right to adjust safety protocols accordingly.