South Carolina Children’s Theatre is committed to providing a safe space for all of our program participants. The health and well-being of our students, patrons and staff remain our top priority.
As we look toward the possibility of opening our brand new doors to theatre patrons, it’s important that you know how we’re working to keep you safe.
- All SCCT patrons, staff, students, volunteers and performers are required to wear a face mask inside our building. SCCT’s definition of a face mask is as follows:
- Have two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric.
- Completely cover your nose and mouth.
- Fit snugly against the sides of your face and don’t have gaps.
- Patrons without a mask that meet these criteria will be asked to leave the premises.
- If patrons or students are showing signs consistent with COVID-19, they are asked to please stay home and get well.
- Seating capacity at SCCT has been reduced to accommodate social distancing requirements recommended by the CDC and the SCDHEC.
- There are no physical tickets for any performance. Print-at-Home tickets will be emailed to each patron.
- At this time, any shows will run without an intermission and no concessions will be offered.
- Surface disinfection will happen before and after every performance. Our theatre is sanitized with an electrostatic sprayer using an EPA-approved, food safe biocide—designed to kill coronavirus on surfaces within minutes.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the lobby and backstage areas.
- Patrons are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing in the lobby, restrooms and theatre.
- Employees and volunteers are temperature checked before being admitted to the building. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or with a temperature of 100.4 or greater is required to remain at home.
- Classes are held in traditional and non-traditional classrooms, often at a reduced capacity, to allow for adequate social distancing.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and customers with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting South Carolina Children’s Theatre you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We commit to do everything we can to keep our patrons, volunteers, actors and employees as safe as possible while still providing an engaging and entertaining live theatre experience.
SCCT relies on the generosity and support of our patrons and donors for the viability of our organization, and are now facing significant revenue losses due to cancellations. We humbly ask you to consider making a gift in support of SCCT – a gift that will be put to immediate use, ensuring we can keep staff employed and prepare to bring you back to the theatre once it is safe for us all to do that once again.
You, our patrons, are the lifeblood of SCCT, and we are grateful for your patience and ongoing support during this time. Please do everything you can to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. For more information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, and how to protect yourself and your family, please visit the CDC website.