SCCT is committed to the health and safety of our patrons, casts, crews, students and staff. The CDC and DHEC currently recommend universal indoor masking when students age 2 and older are present. In accordance with these recommendations, we at SCCT feel it necessary to make the following updates to our COVID protocols in our efforts to keep everyone safe within our premises.
- SCCT will require all patrons, ages 2 and up, to wear masks while indoors at any SCCT performance.
- Patrons will be encouraged to make use of the hand sanitizer stations located in the lobby.
- Students will be required to wear masks whenever indoors at SCCT.
- SCCT teaching artists will be required to wear masks while teaching classes at SCCT.
- Any parent/guardian or sibling over the age of 2 of one of our students who opts to come into the building will be required to wear a mask to enter and while inside the building.
Rehearsals and Performances:
- To participate in any SCCT production, proof of vaccination will be required. Cast will be asked to show their vaccination card at the first rehearsal.
- During rehearsals, all actors, crew members, and members of the creative team will be required to wear masks.
- At present, all actors will be required to perform in clear face shields. We will continue to monitor the situation and make a decision about future performances based on the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- We reserve the right to require weekly testing beginning with tech rehearsals, given that actors will be in closer contact with one another.
In addition to the mask requirements, five bipolar ionization units have been installed into all of our HVAC air handlers to ensure that everyone in our facility has access to the cleanest, safest, and healthiest air possible. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the facility.
We will continue to monitor the COVID situation in our area and reserve the right to make adjustments to safety protocols accordingly.